Patio configuration for professionals
MAY café barriers will be the icing on the cake of your outdoor dining area.
Good reasons for café barriers
- Maximising revenue and profit by increasing usable space.
- Your guests will stay for longer, because they won’t be exposed to the wind.
- More visual appeal, the patio makes a tidy impression and stands out from neighbouring businesses.
- Plenty of space to print individual logos.
- An enclosed space is inviting for families with children.
- The barriers create a feeling of privacy for your guests.
- Your guests will be safer from pickpockets.
The benefits of MAY café barriers
- The stable walls are easy to assemble
- MAY café barriers promote the ‘see and be seen’ lifestyle. They offer protection and an unobstructed view at the same time.
- Moving elements to secure the barriers allow them to be set up and taken down every day, making permits easier to obtain from the city council.
An eye-catcher to increase your visibility. The fabric panels are optimally suited for printing. Your individual logo will catch the eye when it is directly in your guests’ field of vision. We offer durable screen print on fabric with any colour you like, along with colourful digital print (only available on white fabric).
Corporate design starts with a letterhead, and extends all the way to the patio. A matching, or even the same, cloth for the parasol, awning and café barrier shows that you have a consistent concept that your guests will approve of. Should your corporate image change, you can update your patio to reflect the changes by simply replacing the fabrics.
Easy to use
A café barrier can be set up in just a few steps. It shows it versatility at weekly markets, one-off events, or when a storm is brewing. This is how it’s done: Insert the crossbar into the posts. Then screw the end cap tight, and hook the fabric panels in at the bottom using the hook.
The metal elements
Marine-grade stainless steel posts are made using V4A (1.4401). The crossbar (length up to 8' 2") is made of aluminium, and powder coated in RAL 9006. This means that all components are weather resistant and non-rusting. The special key included with the product ensures that the café barriers can be secured to prevent theft.
Choose one of our textiles that were specially developed for outdoor use. A large number of different colours makes it possible to create an ideal blend of colours for the house, patio furniture, large parasols and awnings.
Choice of fabrics
- MayTex Acryl, classic fabric for awnings, also available for MAY Parasols.
- MayTex Mesh, coarse net fabric that makes a ‘transparent’ impression.
The café barriers require no care during daily business. If the metal elements become dirty, they can be cared for using conventional stainless steel cleaners.
Mobile base stand
A weight of 21 kg and an base disc with a diameter of 1' 4" ensure high stability and good support in outdoor areas. The smaller version weighing 15 kg is suitable for indoor areas protected from the wind. The rounded edges make it easy to roll the stand back inside in the evening. Alternatively, the stand is suitable for carrying as well. The stainless steel posts are screwed onto the base stand. This allows the posts to be removed in winter and saves space in storage. Soft support discs under the base stands stop them from scratching the patio floor, which is particularly important when marble or granite is used.
Planning a patio
Café barrier series A
Single segment with 21 kg base stand
|a||post to post axis*|
|b||length of crossbar||a - 2.5|
|c||length of textile panel||a - 5.7|
|d||total length||a + 15.7|
|i||height of post||36.6 / 61.4|
|j||total height||39 / 63.8|
Area for printing
| ||Maximum printing area||in|
|r||width||a - 8.8|
|s||height||post height - 7.9|
Digital print is only possible on one side. When the post is 61.4" high, there will be a cross seam at a height of 16.5" (above the bottom edge).
The crossbars can be inserted at angles of 90° to each other using the four slots. Popular combinations are shown here under ‘Popular patio layouts’. The design also allows setup at any angle up to a maximum of 20° from the main axis.
Frequently chosen patio layouts
Example of planning a patio
Side view of printed fabric
The dimensions required for the 5 fabric panels necessary are shown. All measurements are approximate ones without a cutting allowance.
- Polyester fabric with PVC coating, contains no heavy metals or cadmium.
- Manufactured in accordance with the environmental management standard ISO 14001.
- Plain white. Colours (Pantone or RAL) possible by printing the fabric on both sides, however a logo can only be printed on one side.
- Fabric with a net structure (openings around 1 × 1/16" in size).
- Permeability to air 1,800 l/m²/sec at 2 mbar air pressure difference.
- PVC repels dirt and water.
- Highly tear resistant (tear strength 1300/1500 N/2 in, in accordance with DIN 53354).
- Fabric exhibits very good weather and lightfastness (UV resistance).
- Low flammability in accordance with DIN 4102 B1 and M1, therefore suitable for indoor use.
- Weather resistant, resistant to heat and cold.
- Rot resistant.
- Does not scratch, retains its shape, and easy to care for.
Stainless steel postArticle-No. WA0093
Height 36.6", weight 2.72 kg, marine-grade V4A, outside Ø 2.5".
Stainless steel postArticle-No. WA0156
Height 61.4", weight 4.25 kg, marine-grade V4A, outside Ø 2.5".
Base for indoor areaArticle-No. WA1015
Weight 15 kg, cover made of marine-grade V4A, outside Ø 13", height 2".
Base for outdoor areaArticle-No. WA1021
Weight 21 kg, cover made of marine-grade V4A, outside Ø 15.75", height 2".
Wall bracketArticle-No. WA2001
The two-part solution secures the café barrier flush with the wall of the building. Because this saves you one post, this solution is not only practical, but also lower in cost. It also increases the stability of the café barrier. In principle, the wall bracket can be secured to any vertical surface (bricks, wood, glass etc.). Delivery does not include wall plugs. If a wall bracket is used on one side, the axis dimension a, b and c must be made 0.4" longer.
Assembly tools required
Do you have any questions or feedback?
Please use our contact form, write us an email, or just give us a call. We’re looking forward to being able to help you!