Terrace design for professionals
MAY Cafe Barriers as a supplement for your outdoor gastronomy.
Good reasons for the cafe barrier
- Maximising your profit through more floor space.
- Longer stay of your guests, as cooling due to wind is reduced.
- Visual enhancement, the terrace looks tidy and stands out from your neighbours.
- Plenty of space for individual printing.
- The enclosure invites families with small children.
- More perceived privacy for your guests due to the closed area.
- Your guests are protected from pickpocketing.
Advantages of MAY Cafe Barriers
- Simple assembly of the stable walls
- MAY Cafe Barriers stand for the "see and be seen" lifestyle. They offer protection and yet a clear view.
- Mobile fixing elements allow daily assembly and disassembly, therefore simple approval with the city administration.
Boost your presence with an eye-catcher. The fabric panels are ideal for printing. Always directly in the field of vision, your individual logo quickly catches the eye. We offer durable screen printing on any fabric colour, as well as colourful digital printing (exclusively on white fabric).
Corporate design starts with your letterhead and doesn't stop at your terrace. Matching or even identical fabrics on parasols, awnings and cafe barriers convey a coherent concept that will convince your guests. If your company image changes, you can bring your terrace up to date by simply changing the textiles.
The Cafe Barriers can be set up in just a few steps. It is extremely flexible for weekly markets, individual events or when storms arise. This is how it's done: Insert the cross strut into the posts. Screw down the end cover and hang the textile panels at the bottom with the hook.
The metal construction
Seawater-resistant stainless steel posts are made in V4A (1.4401). The crossbar (with up to 2.5 m length) is made of aluminium and powder-coated in RAL 9006. This means that all parts are are weatherproof and rustproof. The cafe barriers are secured against theft with the special key included in the delivery.
The fabric types
Choose one of our durable textiles specially developed for outdoor use. A large number of different colours allows for the optimal colour combination of house, patio furniture, large parasols and awnings.
The textile choice
- MayTex acrylic, classic awning fabric, also available for MAY parasols.
- MayTex mesh, coarse mesh structure for the "transparent" look.
During operation, the cafe barriers do not require any maintenance. Should the metal construction become dirty, it can be maintained with common stainless steel cleaners.
With a weight of 21 kg and a diameter of 40 cm the base of the metal construction is extremely stable and sturdy. For wind-sheltered indoor areas we offer a lighter version with a base weight of 15 kg. The rim of the base is rounded off, which makes it easy to roll the post and base into the house in the evening. Or the base can be carried in. The stainless steel posts are screwed to the base. This makes it possible to remove the posts in winter and save space for storage. The bottom of the base is padded to avoid scratching the patio floor. This is particularly important for marble or granite floors.
Cafe Barrier series A
Single segment with 21 kg base pedestal
|a||post to post axis*|
|b||length of crossbar||a - 6,4|
|c||length of textile panel||a - 14,4|
|d||total length||a + 40|
|i||height of post||93 / 156|
|j||total height||99 / 162|
| ||Maximum printing area||cm|
|r||width||a - 22,4|
|s||height||post height - 20|
Digital printing only possible single-sided. If the height of the upright post is 1.56 m, a cross seam is applied 42 cm above bottom edge.
Four grooves in the upright posts allow the crossbars to be positioned at an angle of 90°. In addition, the angle of the crossbars can be varied by a maximum of 20° either way. The most common ways of arranging the screens are shown under the heading “Frequently chosen patio layouts”.
Frequently chosen patio layouts
Sample layout of patio
side view of printed panels
Measurements refer to the 5 panels required for this layout. All measurements are to be understood as approximate and do not include cutting allowance.
- polyester fabric, PVC-coated, heavy-metal and cadmium-free
- produced in accordance with The Environment Management norm DIN ISO 14001
- plain white; all other colours are printed
- fabric in mesh structure (mesh-size: approx. 1 x 1.4 mm)
- air permeability of 1800 l/m²/sec at 2mbar
- dirt and water-repellent PVC
- very good light and weather fastness (UV resistance)
- highly tear resistant (tear strength: 1300/1500 N/5 cm, acc. DIN 53354)
- low flammability acc. DIN 4102 B1and M1; thus also suited for indoor areas
- weather-proof, resistant against high and low temperature extremes
- scratch-proof, dimensionally stable, easy care
Stainless steel postArticle-No. WA0093
Height 93 cm, weight 2.72 kg, seawater-resistant V4A, outer ø 6.35 cm.
Stainless steel postArticle-No. WA0156
Height 156 cm, weight 4.25 kg, seawater-resistant V4A, outer ø 6.35 cm.
Base for indoor areaArticle-No. WA1015
Weight 15 kg, cover of seawater-resistant V4A, outer ø 33 cm, height 5 cm.
Base for outdoor areaArticle-No. WA1021
Weight 21 kg, cover of seawater-resistant V4A, outer ø 40 cm, height 5 cm.
Wall bracketArticle-No. WA2001
Needed if you wish to fasten a MAY-screen directly and flush to the house wall. As you require one postless, it is not only a practical but also a money-saving option. Moreover, your screen becomes very stable. In principle, the wall bracket can be fixed to any upright surface (brick, wood, glass etc.). Delivered without dowels.
Do you have any questions?
Use our contact form, send us an e-mail or simply give us a call. We look forward to being able to help you.