ALBATROS - Large parasol for high demands
The ALBATROS centre pole parasol starts where other large-area parasols stop and opens up new dimensions for you in the shading and roofing of open spaces.
With a single ALBATROS large parasol, you can cover an area of up to 78m² - and do so in an extremely stylish way, because in addition to its XXL format, ALBATROS offers a clear design whose elegance harmonises excellently with any architectural environment.
It goes without saying that the top model in our parasol collection for the catering, hotel, event and commercial sectors meets the highest standards in terms of ease of use, stability and wind resistance.
Your advantages / benefits
- Optimal use of your outdoor area/patio with 47 different model sizes (round, square, rectangular).
- Round parasol up to 75 m², rectangular parasol up to 56 m² area
- Centre pole umbrella with all-weather protection function
- Telescopic pole (opening and closing above table height of many pieces of furniture)
- High wind resistance, verified according to DIN 1055:2005 and DIN EN 1991-1-1:2011-2014 standards
- Excellent UV protection UPF40 to UPF80, according to standard UV801
- Entire parasol fabric collection fully tested according to UV801
- Durable and robust parasol frame (aluminium parasols), all parts can be bought separately
- Frame made of high-quality alloyed extruded aluminium profiles from European production
- Durable corrosion protection due to polyester powder coating
- High-quality internal bevel gear with automatic brake
- Fabric with durable and self-tensioning telescopic spring system
- Quick and easy replacement of the fabric
- Four different valance variants
- All parts optimised for care and maintenance
- Extremely stable and durable
- Printing of canopy & valances possible (screen printing and digital printing)
- Extensive range of accessories (see below)
- Delivered ready to set up
- All parts can be repurchased and repaired on site
The success of ALBATROS is no coincidence, because real professionals are also at work in the production of the classic among the catering parasols. The result: MAY brand quality.
1OperationThe large parasol is opened and closed with
- Hand crank
- Cordless drill
- Tubular motor (optional)
2Valance variantsThe upper canopy has a classic valance. The valance is useful for rain gutters, side hangings and your logo. The lower version does not have a valance. This looks simple and modern, not only in the private sector.
3The umbrella frameDistribution discs with support struts and spokes. The frame is made of very high-quality, alloyed, extruded aluminium profiles.
- Parasol pole Ø 100 x 5 mm
- Spoke dimension 50 x 25 x 2 mm
- Support strut dimension 40 x 25 x 2 mm
4The connectionsWe attach particular importance to careful workmanship, which is why all movement axes are plugged in with detachable bolts. This elaborate manufacturing method guarantees maximum stability and durability as well as easy handling in case of repairs.
5The coveringThe self-tensioning telescopic spring system tightens the covering even after years and dynamically absorbs wind loads. The combination with the stainless steel hooks makes it easy to change the covering.
6Extended steel reinforcementThe elegant spokes are reinforced with an internal steel core in the areas subject to particularly high stress.
7Frame coatingsThe frame surface is powder-coated, extremely shock and impact resistant and available in the following colours:
- RAL 9010 pure white
Special colours without surcharge:
- RAL 7016 anthracite grey fine structure
Other special colours are available at an extra charge.
9When not in useDuring periods of bad weather, the protective cover provided can simply be put over the parasol. The protective cover already has a fixed rod sewn in for easy operation as well as an integrated zip.
10Fabric type and fabric coloursChoose from over 70 contemporary textile designs, available in three different fabric types:
- MayTex poly, 230 g/m², water column > 1,000 mm
- MayTex acrylic, 300 g/m², water column 370 mm
- MayTex-PVC, 480 g/m², water column > 1,000 mm
- Further colours and fabric types available on request at any time
- Textiles with fire certification (A or B1) on request
- All fabrics from European production
For more information, see Colours & Textiles.
11AssemblyPull the parasol out of the cardboard sleeve, remove the packaging material, place the parasol in a base and you're done - in just a few minutes.
12Operating instructionsProper handling of the product ensures a long life expectancy. Benefit from our 30 years of experience:
Download PDF file: Operating instructions ALBATROS with placement hinge
ALBATROS - 4.00 Meter - Round
|Dimensions||Ø 4.00 m|
|A||Height closed incl. top plate||461 cm|
|B||Height opened incl. top plate||311 cm|
|C||Headroom with valance||214 cm|
|D||Headroom without valance
from spoke edge
|E||Valance height||33 cm|
from spoke edge
|G||Crank height||92 cm|
|H||Height of lower disc flange||242 cm|
|Support pole diameter||Ø 11 cm|
|Pole thickness||0.5 cm|
|Weight without packaging
MayTex-Acryl without valance
|Extended steel reinforcement||integrated|
cardboard sleeve Ø 45 cm
|Packaging weight||34 kg|
|60 / 60 / 60 cm|
Number of layers of concrete slabs XZ49
|6 x ~ 672 kg|
All heights refer to parasols with MayTex acrylic covering set up with an AZ120 anchor foot. Dimensions for other attachments change as follows:
|Full frame pedestal||AZ111||+ 1,5 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||AZ112||+ 2 / 6 cm|
|Full frame pedestal||AZ116||+ 10 / 14 cm|
|Anchor plate||AZ024||+ 1,5 cm|
|Base plate||AZ246||+ 3 cm|
|Base plate||AZ247||+ 4,5 cm|
|Base plate||AZ248||+ 6 cm|
|Base plate||AZ249||+ 7,5 cm|
|Concrete base||AZ361 / AZ371||+ 48,5 / 52,5 cm|
Intermediate sizes and special sizes on request. Dimensional tolerance approx. 5%.
3D representation of a foundation with winter cover. Frost-proof foundation and enlarge accordingly in case of poor subsoil.
You can find the matching parasol basefor the ALBATROS here.
Do you have any questions?
Use our contact form, send us an e-mail or simply give us a call. We look forward to being able to help you.